Two full time PhD student positions available
Genos is inviting applications for two (2) PhD student positions to participate in a research project entitled “Protein glycosylation in ageing-related diseases through study of Down syndrome as accelerated ageing condition” (acronym: GlycoDown) funded by the “Research Cooperability” Program of the Croatian Science Foundation:
· Position 1: one (1) PhD student will participate in all project activities related to analysis of protein glycosylation, under the supervision of prof. Gordan Lauc (Genos)
· Position 2: one (1) PhD student will participate in all project activities involving cell culture, under the supervision of prof. Dinko Mitrečić (HIIM-MEF) and prof. Dean Nižetić (QMUL)
The appointment will be a full time employment for the duration of the research project (until 31st May 2023).
· completed relevant graduate or integrated university study programme in the field of natural sciences (molecular biology, experimental biology, biochemistry) or biomedicine and health (medicine, pharmacy, medical biochemistry)
· an overall grade point average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated) of 4.0 or above
· the selected applicant are required to enrol in a postgraduate university (doctoral) study programme or must be already enrolled in a doctoral programme
· knowledge of English language and excellent computer skills
· Croatian citizenship
· For Position 1:
- previous experience working in a laboratory and previous experience working in a laboratory outside Croatia
- experience in analytical chromatography techniques
- previous participation in scientific research work/projects and presentations at scientific conferences
· For Position 2:
- previous experience working in a laboratory
- experience in cell culture would be an advantage
The application should contain the following documents:·
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Evidence of needed acquired qualifications (copy of diploma or certificate)
- Transcript of grades with average grade for completed undergraduate, graduate or integrated study
- Proof that applicant is already enrolled in a postgraduate university (doctoral) study programme (if applicable)
Job application can be submitted by persons of both sexes.
The application deadline is 30 days from the date of publication of the call for applications in the Official Gazette (Narodne novine).
Incomplete and untimely applications will not be considered.
Interested candidates should send their application to the email address email@example.com
the email subject line should include “GlycoDown-Job application” and the position applied for (Position 1 or 2)