PhD student position 26.06
Genos Ltd for Assessment and Analysis is inviting applications for a PhD student position to work on the project “Young Researchers' Career Development Project–Training of New Doctoral Students” funded by the Croatian Science Foundation:
The appointment will be a full-time employment for a period of up to four (4) years.
The PhD student will work under the mentorship of prof. Lauc and research work will be related to the project ““Protein glycosylation in ageing-related diseases through study of Down syndrome as accelerated ageing condition”
· completed relevant graduate or integrated university study programme in the field of natural sciences (molecular biology, experimental biology, biochemistry) or biomedicine and health (medicine, pharmacy, medical biochemistry)
· an overall grade point average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated) that meets the criteria for the enrolment in a doctoral study
· the candidate must enrol in a doctoral study in the current academic year of 2020/2021
· if a candidate is already a successful doctoral student, funding can be granted for the rest of the study, i.e. for the remaining 4 years of study
· candidates whose doctoral studies were previously financed by the Foundation and terminated before completion are not eligible for this call
- previous participation in scientific research work/projects and personal presentations at scientific conferences
- previous experience working in a laboratory
- experience in analytical chromatography techniques
- experience in glycan analysis would be an advantage
- knowledge of English language
The application should contain the following documents:
· motivation letter
· Curriculum vitae
· evidence of needed acquired qualifications (copy of diploma or certificate)
· transcript of grades with average grade for completed undergraduate, graduate or integrated study
· proof that applicant is already enrolled in a postgraduate university (doctoral) study programme (if applicable)
Job application can be submitted by persons of both sexes.
Date of publication of the job offer: 26th June 2020
The application deadline is 8 days from the date of publication of the call for applications.
Incomplete and untimely applications will not be considered.
Interested candidates should send their application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, the email subject line should include “DOK2020-Job application”